Corridor Women Connect Workshop: Negotiate Like a Boss
In this workshop, you will discover how to recognize opportunities to back yourself and get the respect you deserve, while maintaining a reputation as a positive team player.
Gone are the days when negotiating was only for a high-stakes conversation. We advocate all day every day—to negotiate a more realistic deadline, to get a better rate—even to resolve a standstill on a team. Leveraging tips from her award-winning book Pushback, Selena Rezvani teaches you how to amplify your voice by coming to work prepared for obvious and less obvious scenarios. Discover how to recognize opportunities to back yourself and get the respect you deserve, while maintaining a reputation as a positive team player.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Recognize everyday opportunities to self-advocate including 20+ "moments" you may not see as negotiable today.
- Identify how to get more of what you want by preparing alternatives to your top outcome in a situation.
- Invest in research and preparation, the power stage of negotiation, to come to the table prepared.
- Determine the main intent behind a challenging comment by using 10 deepening questions.
- Learn the two most important junctures for using strategic silence to make a point or get more information.
Selena Rezvani is a recognized author, speaker, and consultant on leadership. Her newest book - the instant Wall Street Journal bestseller - Quick Confidence (Wiley, May 2023), was born out of a viral newsletter she started in 2020, to help people build their confidence through small actions.
Selena is also the author of the bestseller, Pushback: How Smart Women Ask — and Stand Up — for What They Want (Jossey-Bass, 2012) , which focuses on the unmatched power of negotiation skills in women's career advancement, and was recognized with an Axiom Business Book Award. Selena's first book, The Next Generation of Women Leaders (Praeger), was published in 2009.
Share This Event