Engaging companies to collaborate on advancing women’s leadership and development in the Des Moines metro area.
Metro Women Connect is a community of organizational leaders dedicated to improving women’s leadership competencies by engaging. women in the Des Moines metro area through sharing best practices, connecting people and providing professional development opportunities.
MWC Member Company Expectations
- Member companies will appoint a primary and alternate member to participate in MWC meetings.
- Meetings are held monthly either in person or via conference call.
- Member companies are expected to be represented by at least one of their members who will attend 80% of the monthly meetings.
- The primary member will vote on behalf of the member company when votes are required. The alternate member has proxy if the primary member is not in attendance at the MWC meeting.
- If a company is not represented at a MWC meeting, as long as a simple majority is present, the group may vote without the absent company’s representation. All votes are documented in meeting minutes.
- Member companies will contribute $3,000 annually which provides 10 seats at no additional cost to cover paid admission to professional development events offered by MWC throughout the calendar year.
- MWC members (primary and alternates) will be actively engaged in meetings, special projects and/or one or more of the subcommittees that plan and execute MWC events.
- Members are encouraged to consider how to leverage member company’s resources (i.e. speakers, meeting space, IT, printing, marketing) to the benefit of MWC.
American Enterprise Group
Bank of America
BrownWinick Law Firm
Davis Brown Law Firm
Delta Dental of Iowa
Employee & Family Resources
Ernst & Young LLP
Fareway Stores, Inc.
Farm Bureau Financial Services
Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa
Greater Des Moines Partnership
Iowa State University College of Business
John Deere Financial
Lincoln Savings Bank
Oasis, a Paychex Company
Renewable Energy Group, Inc.
The Iowa Clinic
United Way of Central Iowa
West Des Moines Chamber
How to Contact Us
To learn more about Metro Women Connect, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org