Metro Women Connect is a community of organizational leaders dedicated to improving women’s leadership competencies by engaging. women in the Des Moines metro area through sharing best practices, connecting people and providing professional development opportunities.
MWC Member Company Expectations
- Member companies will appoint a primary and alternate member to participate in MWC meetings.
- Meetings are held monthly.
- Member companies are expected to be represented by at least one of their members who will attend 80% of the monthly meetings.
- The primary member will vote on behalf of the member company when votes are required. The alternate member has proxy if the primary member is not in attendance at the MWC meeting.
- If a company is not represented at a MWC meeting, as long as a simple majority is present, the group may vote without the absent company’s representation. All votes are documented in meeting minutes.
- Member companies will contribute $3,000 annually which provides 10 seats at no additional cost to cover paid admission to three (3) professional development events offered by MWC throughout the calendar year.
- Member non-profit organizations will contribute $1,500 annually which provides 5 seats at no additional cost to cover paid admission to three (3) professional development events offered by MWC throughout the calendar year.
- MWC will provide its members one (1) no-cost event annually for member-company employees only.
- MWC members (primary and alternates) will be actively engaged in meetings, special projects and/or one or more of the subcommittees that plan and execute MWC events.
- Members are encouraged to consider how to leverage member company’s resources (i.e. speakers, meeting space, IT, printing, marketing) to the benefit of MWC.
American Enterprise Group
ARAG Legal Insurance
Bank of America
BrownWinick Law Firm
Community State Bank
Delta Dental of Iowa
Dentons Davis Brown
Employee & Family Resources
Ernst & Young LLP
Fareway Stores, Inc.
Farm Bureau Financial Services
Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa
Iowa State University College of Business
John Deere Financial
Lincoln Savings Bank
Renewable Energy Group, Inc.
Sammons Financial Group
United Way of Central Iowa
West Des Moines Chamber
Learn more about Metro Women Connect.