Please add your bio info through your member profile page, or through your dashboard.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa – Iowa Women Lead Change (IWLC) today announced the six female entrepreneurs who will compete for $30,000 in the September 10 Invest in She – Des Moines competition at Sticks, Inc. The Presenting Sponsor of Invest in She – Des Moines is Wells Fargo.
2015 Invest in She – Des Moines businesses and contestants include:
· Helen Adeosun – CareAcademy.com, Inc.
· Jeni Betts – Fresh Mediterranean Express
· Megan McKay – Peace Tree Brewing Company
· Ciji Mitrisin – Recycle Me Iowa
· Laird Nossuli – iEmergent
· Pam Patton – Patton's Restaurant & Catering
For more information on each of the female entrepreneurs and their business ventures or to purchase tickets, visit www.InvestinSheDM.com
IWLC began hosting Invest in She events in Cedar Rapids and now in Des Moines as a result of staggering statistics released by the American Express State of Women-Owned Businesses Report. The most recent 2014 report revealed that Iowa ranks LAST in the nation for cumulative growth in the number of female firms, revenue and employment.
While Iowa has seen growth in women-owned firms since 1997, those same companies have seen their revenues and employment levels fall. Iowa has about 73,300 women-owned businesses, according to the most-recent American Express report, which is up more than 27 percent since 1997. But, employment at those companies is down 26.4 percent and sales are down 4.6 percent.
2015 Invest in She investors have committed to distributing $5,000 per investor, for a total of $30,000.
The investors include:
· Becky Gibson, vice president, senior relationship manager, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
· Dr. Donna Grant, owner of Norwalk Family Dentistry
· Shazia Manus, CEO of The Members Group (TMG)
· Lynn Schrader, past president of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
· Camille Urban, BrownWinick Law Firm
· Connie Wimer, publisher and owner of the Business Record